Round 10 vs Sharks

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Harry Grant has been found not guilty.
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon

Scooter wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 7:30 pm Harry Grant has been found not guilty.

Well that's complete shite, a good result for sure but doesn't put that missing defender back in to the line

Note that's its been heard can Annersley come out and put his spin on it?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He'll try to avoid that I'm sure
bushman
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I have been watching our team for a long time and this confirms what I have noticed more and more. Referees are keeping teams in games to make it better for broadcasting some of the six again calls, penalties and now a send off for just being there. Take a look at how long the bunker looked at Harry over the line as a posed to the try by the sharks that was given no try. Don’t get me wrong it’s not just storm but other games. Let’s give 3 or 4 6 again calls in a row to the team that’s behind. I have played, coached and watched for a long time and I can not see why some of the calls are given and others not. In short where we ever going to win that game. Am I the only one that feels this way.
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon

bushman wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 7:31 am I have been watching our team for a long time and this confirms what I have noticed more and more. Referees are keeping teams in games to make it better for broadcasting some of the six again calls, penalties and now a send off for just being there. Take a look at how long the bunker looked at Harry over the line as a posed to the try by the sharks that was given no try. Don’t get me wrong it’s not just storm but other games. Let’s give 3 or 4 6 again calls in a row to the team that’s behind. I have played, coached and watched for a long time and I can not see why some of the calls are given and others not. In short where we ever going to win that game. Am I the only one that feels this way.

I don't totally agree but certainly don't disagree. I like to think the officials are impartial but, evidence any game, a glut of penalties goes one way early in the game only for the calls to magically even up by the end of the game.

Maybe the NRL needs to privatise the refereeing and outsource it. Then it could be held at arms length, much the same as the public transport in Melbourne, and the NRL can then wash their hands of any complaints / claims of bias.
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon

Given how well the Sharks played against the Roosters maybe we are better than the pessimists think?
The Black Dot
Squall
Squall

Bullucked wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 11:37 pm Given how well the Sharks played against the Roosters maybe we are better than the pessimists think?
Also take into account an incorrect send off and two somewhat controversial tries as well as the usual misses from our goalkicker, the result could have been quite different
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Meaney kicked 3/4, his kicking had nothing to do with the result
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon

The Black Dot wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 12:12 pm
Bullucked wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 11:37 pm Given how well the Sharks played against the Roosters maybe we are better than the pessimists think?
Also take into account an incorrect send off and two somewhat controversial tries as well as the usual misses from our goalkicker, the result could have been quite different

I've forgotten, did we blow any / many clear chances? I was very impressed with the Sharks against the Rooters
The Black Dot
Squall
Squall

Bullucked wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 1:21 pm

I've forgotten, did we blow any / many clear chances? I was very impressed with the Sharks against the Rooters
I'm not going to get into a heated discussion over this with anther fan, but I never said we blew chances , it was the two gifted tries to Cronulla when a. The try when Harry was off in the sin bin fiasco and the other when the ref was right in front of the Cronulla player gave it a no try but was overturned by the bunker.
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon

The Black Dot wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 5:20 pm
Bullucked wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 1:21 pm

I'm not going to get into a heated discussion over this with anther fan, but I never said we blew chances , it was the two gifted tries to Cronulla when a. The try when Harry was off in the sin bin fiasco and the other when the ref was right in front of the Cronulla player gave it a no try but was overturned by the bunker.
Geez hasn't this been taken the wrong way and gone completely down hill.
I am not Cherrypopins.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bullucked quite apt you mention Cherrypoppins in a lead up to a game v Manly.